Public Open Spaces
Preserve and Restore Reserved Public Open Spaces (RPOSs)
- Analyzed over 1429 Reserved Public Open Spaces (RPOSs) surveyed to identify trends and suggest solutions
- Prepared ward-wise information (digital) of each RPOS on DVDs.
- Marketed the above information to create awareness across the city
- Developed an outreach program to encourage citizens to put pressure at the local level for the preservation and restoration of their RPOSs
- Filed 2 PILs – 1. Challenging Slum Rehabilitation on RPOSs and 2. Challenging policy that permits installation of 4G cell towers on RPOS. Both cases continue being heard in the Bombay High Court.
- Advocated with the Chief Minister to stay the anti citizen Policy put forward by MCGM on management of RPOSs (January 2016)
HOME . ABOUT US . History . Trustees . Vision & Mission . Objectives . PROGRAMS . Solid Waste Management . Air Pollution . Preserve & Restore Public Open Spaces . RG, PG, Parks & Gardens . No Development Zones (NDZ) . SRA projects on Reserved Public Open Spaces . Beaches & Waterfronts . Preserve & Restore Water Bodies . Preserve & Restore Heritage Structures . Listed Built Heritage . Listed Natural Heritage . Forts . Water Conservation . Rain Water Harvesting . Recycling Water . Roads . Hawking / Non-Hawking Zones . Networking . Activities . COURT . Orders: Hawkers . Orders: SRA . MEDIA . News Clippings . Publications . Surveys . Photographs . Mailers . SUPPORT . Funding . Volunteer . Contact